KEY FEATURES OF MICROSOFT DEFENDER FOR BUSINESS
Microsoft Defender for Business (MDB) is an antimalware solution for devices across several operating systems – including Android, iOS, macOS, and Windows. It seeks to achieve the early detection and prevention of cyberattacks. MDB is available for both new and existing Microsoft 365 Business Premium subscribers.
There is a range of features, including enterprise-level security:
* Automated investigation feature
* Attack surface reduction
* Anti-spam and antimalware protection
* Anti-virus for Windows 10 and following editions
* Centralised management and reporting
* Endpoint detection & response – an ‘endpoint security system’
* Email protection
* Vulnerability and threat management
THE BENEFITS OF DEFENDER FOR BUSINESS
* Minimised risk of cyber attacks
* Protection from business interruption caused by cybercrime and hacking
* Suspicious activity is flagged automatically, catching potential cybercrime before it manifests
* It’s easy to use with a simplified configuration
* It’s charged per-user, not device.
* Gives business owners peace of mind that their systems are protected from cybercriminals
Microsoft 365 Business Premium is an all-in-one productivity and security offering, designed to help SMBs run their business in the new hybrid work world, with peace of mind. It brings together your favourite collaboration solutions like Microsoft Teams and Office along with comprehensive security. The addition of MDB further strengthens Business Premium’s existing offering by adding cross-platform endpoint protection for Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android, elevating endpoint security against sophisticated ransomware attacks through enterprise-grade technologies like Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) and Automated Investigation and Remediation. Microsoft 365 Business Premium provides SMBs an easy-to-use, comprehensive, and cost-effective package, eliminating the need for managing multiple point solutions, saving time and money.
Microsoft has not released the “standalone” version of MDB at this point (just the one bundled in Microsoft 365 Business Premium).
For more information about cyber security solutions, please contact your FOS account manager.